Friday, September 27, 2013

blank.

Our parents and teachers tell us to live strategically. We always have a question to answer. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" "What college are you going to?" "What will you major in?" "What type of wo/man do you want to marry?" "Do you want to have kids?" "What type of job will you work?" Who? Where? What? When? Why?

The people we admire tell us to live in the moment. "Live as if you'll die today." "Life is a journey, not a destination." Blah. Blah. Blah.

All I want to know is: how the fuck am I supposed to find the happy medium? Clearly I have to answer a few of those questions. The bills won't pay themselves. But why? At the end, none of it matters. God won't care if I made $30,000 or $100,000/year. He won't care if I went to community college, a HBCU or only got my freaking high school diploma. So why does all of that matter? It's just extra. Filler. To stress, impress and depress. It's exhausting.

I've come to my annual crossroads. The moment I have, every year, when I decide what I'm going to do with the next couple weeks, months, years of my life. It's exhausting. I just want to find a place where I can love and be loved and have good people around me and no pressure. No questions. Just life. I want to LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment