Sunday, November 3, 2013

there once was a man from the cape..

I'm broke. I'm sad. I'm dead.

It's an insane feeling to have and then to just... not. This time last year, I found myself in a situation I didn't see myself getting out of. I was barely making ends meet with my two jobs and I was either going to be homeless or move back in with my parents. Then I met a man with a dog. Haha. Not really but I did meet a man. A man with a hard face but gentle eyes. A man who wanted to get to know me better for reasons that remain unknown. He said I would never have to worry about money again. He promised.

First he gave me $500 cash to pay "his half" of my rent. Then that $500 turned to $1000 turned to $2000. I started saving it. Knowing he wouldn't be there forever. He was married. Surely she'd find out and he'd disappear. I'd seen this movie before. At first though, he was just an awesome friend. A man with a dog. Slowly, we both caught feelings. Bad idea.

Well, a couple months ago, after I told him I wouldn't be moving into his condo.. I decided to break off all ties. We agreed that he'd give me only $1000/month until the first of the year and then no more.

Now it's November. I just liquidated my savings to pay my rent and I have $66 to my name. What happened? I don't know. I take this as a lesson learned. Don't take things from a man with a dog. The dog will one day die. It'll be a terrible thing.

Back to square one.

1 comment:

  1. You arent at all. We dont know what is around the corner. I felt like this and then I started on my experiment. Have a read of my blog and a giggle. All will be ok lovely! www.mypotl.com x

    ReplyDelete