Wednesday, August 28, 2013

There's No Place Like Any Place That Isn't Home

Today marks exactly three weeks until I get the hell up outta here and take a 5-day mini vacation. I'm going to Lake Tahoe for my little sister's wedding and I am so incredibly excited that it's giving me anxiety out of the ass.

How does this happen?

I've never been an anxious person (hell, even a shy person) until recently. Is it because I'm knocking on 25? I actually think I might be. There's so much that you assume you'll have figured out by the time you reach 25. Then you get six months away and realize that none of that has happened. You've figured out nothing except what wine goes with what flavor pizza best.

No matter the reason, I'm anxiously excited any time I can get out of Lincoln Park and go to a place where nobody knows my name. Tahoe is good for that. Shit, Kalamazoo is good for that. I am stuck here for another year due to some leasing issues (aka I was too lazy to look for a new apartment so I renewed) so I might as well treat myself to a vacation every couple of months to maintain some sanity. Right? Right.

Bear with me people. I'm working on my positivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment